Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wine Saturday

Saturday in Charlottesville was fabulous! We started the day with some Panera Bread. I've never had their breakfast before, and let me say I was highly impressed! Excellent coffee and perfect egg and cheese bagel. Thank you for starting my day off right.

Once we were all ready to roll, our party bus arrived. We used Talcott Limo and they were unbelievable. They truly took care of us on our wine adventure!

Good wines, and gorgeous setting. We had our own private tasting room with a full view of the property. Thanks to our excellent tour company, we had a picnic lunch at Afton Mountain. We all bought a glass of wine after our tasting and sat out on the patio and enjoyed every moment. Lunch was yummy!

Second winery- Veritas Vineyard

The picture above is LOVE spelled out in wine corks! So cool! How can I make one for my house?!?! Their tasting room was breathtaking and their wines were delicious. I bought a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to enjoy at home.
I love the logo and the tasting glasses!

PS- One of the girls has a great picture of all of us here, under a pergola. Would you email please it to me if you have it?

Third winery- Pollak Vineyards
So at this point I'd had a lot of wine and I didn't take any pictures. I don't really remember the wine. It wasn't spectacular so it didn't leave an impression. However, I did purchase a bottle; hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

Forth and final winery- King Family Vineyards
I took lots of pictures here! We enjoyed the tasting then we each bought a glass of wine and headed out to the patio to bask in the late afternoon sun.

Cheers!!
Moustache love.
All the gals!

Party bus fun
Everyone at the end of a fabulous day! (Sorry for the glare, guess the driver isn't handy with a camera.)

We rallied for dinner and heading downtown for some Thai then we walked around the Mall area. We were all tuckered out so we all fell asleep early.

You should plan to make a trip to Charlottesville. Have you been? What was your favorite winery? I can't wait to go back (still dreaming about Mono Loco!)

Clink!
S.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment