Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anticipation + Patience

Growing up I had a friend, Sarah, whose mom, Mary Beth, was my second mom. Our parents met pre-kids and have remained friends for almost 35 years. Mary Beth was far more hippie than my mom had ever been and she had a way of explaining things to Sarah and I beyond the standard "because I said so."

Yesterday, when I was lamenting over where I'm going to live, my mom reminded me of a 'Mary Beth saying.' I thought I would share this little nugget with you, as I have carried this quote with me through my entire life.

"Patience is a virtue, posses it if you can. Seldom found in women, but never in a man."

I have decided that quote will be my mantra for the next few weeks. Do you have any mantras that you live by?

Happy Wednesday,
Southern Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment