Monday, November 7, 2011

Goodbye 2011 Wedding Season

Welcome back folks! I hope you're making yourself at home here at the new blog. I know I'm working on making it comfortable and cozy. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

This past Saturday was my last wedding for the 2011 wedding season. Its bittersweet to bid farewell to 2011 weddings. This wedding season was filled with signature cocktail hunting, hot tamale pinatas, catching bouquets, scenic wine tours, adventures in Disney (FYI- the Magic Kingdom does not serve adult beverages, but Epcot does), Elvis, growing wine glass collection, Hollywood marquee, the cupid shuffle, and fairytale settings. Also, lots of mental notes of both dos and don'ts for whenever my prince finds me.

Whitney and Richie were the last to tie the knot this year. They exchanged vows and rings at the Sutherland in Wake Forest. We had a wonderful night dancing under the fall moon and starry night.


The ceremony was held outside on the Terrance and the reception was in a heated (thank goodness!) tent. The Remedy provided tunes while we tore up the dance floor! The bride and I went to a small, southern college together and it was so much fun to see some many alums in one place. We brought out some college songs and cheers with true EVEN and ODD rivalry. It was a wonderful evening for everyone! Cheers to the newlyweds, Mr. & Mrs. C!! Have fun in Jamaica.

In case you were wondering, I did not find my prince charming across the dance floor on Saturday. I'll let you know when I do!

xoxo,
Southern Girl

(I'll be trying out different signatures over the next few posts. Gotta find "the one.")

No comments:

Post a Comment