Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Learning to Make This a (Good) Habit

Ekk, its been a whole week since I last blogged. Sorry, I'll try to be better.

I left you last week as I was rushing off to supper club. Let me tell you- this group of ladies can cook! We had everything- gnocchi, pizza, prosecco, cannolis, and the list can go on. The best recipe, again, came from my favorite magazine (that my mom let my subscription run out- no, I'm not bitter) Okay, I'll stop with the side comments. Anyways, CW made Gnocchi with Green Beans, Pesto, and Ricotta. Two words- absolutely amazing. You should try it.

Ingredients
1 pound gnocchi (fresh or frozen)
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1 8-ounce container store-bought pesto (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup ricotta

Directions
1) Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain and return them to the pot.
2) Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. 3) Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
4) Add the pesto and cream to the gnocchi and cook over medium heat, stirring, just until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Divide gnocchi among bowls and top with the green beans, ricotta, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

**CW used half and half instead of heavy cream if you want to save a few calories

Alright, changing gears. The weekend was another whirlwind of fun. LBT, a dear friend (and old roomie), came to visit on Friday for the night. She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids for her upcoming wedding. Of course I said YES! and I cannot wait to celebrate the happy couple. We did "research" Friday night for the perfect yellow signature cocktail for the cocktail hour before the reception. If you've never had a Yellow Cake cocktail, go to your closest bar this moment and order one. Saturday we did lots of wedding errands while she was here in the capital since she doesn't have much at OIB. She found the perfect bridesmaid dress but its about $400 (without alterations). Does anyone else think that astronomical?! Seriously, has anyone paid that much for a bridesmaid dress?

Saturday evening I headed to my parents house to get some qt in with my perfect nephew. He is a whopping 11 weeks old! He has been smiling for awhile but now has added giggling to list of talents. He is also pretty good at looking like Elmur Fudd. Ahhh, I miss him! I've been searching for a turkey costume for him for his 1st Thanksgiving. I haven't been successful so I guess I need to settle for a cute outfit. Esty was even a disappointment. A co-worker suggested I make one. My response basically was "Silly girl, I don't own a sewing machine!" I know, one of these days I need to make that investment. But that is for another day.

Tonight is Bunco so keep your fingers crossed that I win big! I could use a new pair of shoes....I'll be back soon to share Bunco results, my chocolate pecan pie adventure and Angel Tree wrapping.

ps- I promise I'll learn how to post pictures soon since this is getting so text heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment