Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Last Day of November

OMG, I cannot believe it's the last day of November. Seriously, where has 2010 gone?!

My Thanksgiving in a nutshell- Thanksgiving was a nice day. I got to sleep in on Thursday morning and it was pure heaven. I rarely get that joy so when I do, I take FULL advantage. After mom and I got all our assigned dishes prepared, we head down the street to my brother and sister in law's house. My sweet nephew was dressed in a preppy sweater vest and khakis....LOVED IT! Several friends joined my family for dinner and the evening wrapped up with some vodka and wii.

It was a pretty uneventful weekend following Turkey Day. I saw the new Harry Potter movie which was surprisingly great!

One of the best parts of the weekend was that on Sunday, KLM and I got the whole house decorated for Christmas!! This time of year is my favorite. I love Christmas decorations, holiday cheer, parties, and lights- lots and lots of lights! Here's our brand (and all reused) front porch wreath!

(sorry for the bad photo- the shadowing is weird)

After an unnecessarily long trip to Lowes Home Improvement store, I decided to make a wreath with ornaments on it. I'm pretty proud of my handiwork and I didn't have to buy a single thing to make this wreath happen! I had everything in my house and I'm thrilled to reuse things!

Tonight I'm baking cookies so I'll let you know how those turn out. I snagged the recipe from Our State magazine. If they are good, I'll share the recipe!

Please enjoy this holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment