Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just a Normal Week

Tuesday night was Bunco night. This is another group of fabulous ladies that meets one Tuesday a month sans boyfriends, fiances, husbands, etc. for a night of dice, gossip and wine (usually lots of wine). This bunco night was not one of my better nights, sadly. I came in second to last place lol. Oh well, I had fun catching up with everyone and got a cute christmas ornament as a loser's prize. Thanks MRW for hosting!



I spent yesterday evening getting into the holiday spirit! A group of friends decided that we would adopt a family for Christmas. We did this project through the Junior League's Angel Tree project. Everyone met at my house for a wrapping party. We had 3 children and a parent in our family. It was so much fun shopping and wrapping all those gifts!

Since I was hosting the wrapping party, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to test a new pie recipe before Thanksgiving. My awesome sister in law requested a chocolate pecan pie this year. We've never really done pecan pies in my family so there is no great grandma secret recipe to refer to. I knew I had seen one in my favorite party/cook book so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I was nervous taking the pie out of the oven because it was pretty hard to tell when it was ready. I was scared it would turn to soup as soon as I sliced into it. However, I'm proud to say this pie was divine!!! It has the perfect sweet/salty mix. Just enough pecans to the rich chocolate. The only thing I would change about the recipe is that I will use a deep dish pie crust from now on.



Things never slow down around here. Tonight is dinner with Bella (my friend, not my cat). She and I studied abroad together in college in Italy. Every since then, Bella has been our nickname for each other. Friday will be spent back in the kitchen :) prepping for a chili cook off on Saturday. Roomie (KLM) and I (along with most of the people from the Supper Club/Angel Tree group) are going to an engagement celebration/chili cook off for MB + SH. I'm a tad apprehensive about this whole chili shindig but I'm trying to go with a positive attitude. No worries, I'll let you know how I survive the event or if I meet any eligible groomsmen! Eventhough I maybe a professional bridesmaid, I won't stop looking for my own Groom till I find him!

Okay, I believe I should get to work. Oh, just remembered Grey's Anatomy is on tonight- score!

See ya soon

No comments:

Post a Comment