Sunday, April 17, 2011

Alot to be Thankful For

After a massive storm system blew through the state yesterday, I have so much to be thankful for. I spent my afternoon in my basement with 2 cats. I've never been so thankful for my creepy basement as I was yesterday.

Some reports say that as many as 62 tornadoes touched down yesterday and about two dozen lives were lost in the state. We were lucky to have no damage but a few sticks in the yard and a shutter that needs to be rehung on the front of the house. Sadly, my neighbors to the south of downtown weren't so lucky. I've also hear the tornado that ripped through my downtown was as much as a mile wide. Along with many others in the area and communities east of us, they have to rebuild their homes and lives. I cannot imagine.

Please keep everyone struck by this disaster in your thoughts and prayers. If you feel so, I did see on FB the opportunity to volunteer to help storm victums through the Red Cross- To volunteer, please call 919-723-6311 or email Margaret Powell at dshr@triangleredcross.org ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment