Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Slowly Making My Way Back

Hello! Hello! Hello!

After so much scolding from various friends, I'm making my way back to the blog! So where to begin?!?!? I have no clue!! Soooooo much has happened since my last post. I do apologize for neglecting yall.

Alright, I'm gonna share my stories; however, there is no order to my posts. I will try to give time references but things were honestly a whirlwind. Okay, enough chatter and on to the fun stuff!

Bella!! We all love her to pieces. Here is her last picture in the house she grew up in. She LOVED the bathroom window so it was only fitting to snap this picture before the boxes and litter box were loaded up and moved into our new casa. I am happy to say that she has adjusted beautifully and loves truckin'-tail up and down the stairs in the new house. Most of the time she gets moving faster on the steps than her little paws can carry her! Its hilarious!

Here is the living room and my mantle the day before the movers arrived on Saturday. I think I teared up a few times that Friday night. A couple friends stopped by that last evening, helped me load my car, and enjoyed a final glass of wine on the front porch. It slowly started to sink in that I only had one night left on White Oak. I was nervous and excited. At this point, I had also finished my first full week at the new job and Shannon and Patrick had been married for one week. (I will get to all those stories!)

My closet after the girls loaded all my hanging clothes into my car on Friday evening. It is still so weird to look at these pictures.

Moving Day!!
My old bedroom about 20 minutes before the movers arrived. I used Two Men and a Truck and it was worth every single penny. They were fast, professional, and amazing. I can't believe their attention to detail. It took them just shy of 2 hours to load up, move, and unload!

Couch and chairs gone, and only a few things left! I think at this point I was crying. It was sad watching these guys move all my stuff out of my home. I was in that house for six years! I became a true adult in that house. I learned about life, friends, careers, love, relationships, everything in that house. I know I will continue to learn but I spent the majority of my 20s in my sweet little home.

Again, these guys were unbelievable!

The rest of the day was a blur and I forgot to take pictures. We hauled everything to the new place, unloading, had lunch, then started moving all the odds and ends that I didn't have packed for the movers. My mom and I spent the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday getting the last bits of stuff and started to settle into the new place. My mom rocks! She had my kitchen all unpacked and ready for action before I could turn around.

Wow, I'm tired all over again just thinking about that weekend!! Once I finish the details of the new house, I'll start a room by room tour.

It is now bedtime for this gal. I will be back soon, hopefully this week.


PS- Thank you Merdeezy for encouraging me to blog tonight!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment