Monday, December 19, 2011

Tonight

Tonight is Supper Club!! I cannot tell y'all how nervous/excited I am!! I'm hosting this year and I'm also cooking my first cut of meat. You see, I don't do red meat. I'm not against eating it; I'm against having to cook it myself. I'll happily eat it if someone else cooks it. The thought of having blood on my hands gives me the heebie jeebies.

My neighbor-man came over last night to help me prep this piece of meat since I wasn't sure what to do with the 4 pounds of roast I had just purchased. Fortunately, he had red wine handy and is a sweetheart! We seasoned it, tenderized it, and left it to sit in red wine over night. Neighbor-man is even going to pop it into the oven at the correct time since I'll still be at work! How did I get so lucky to live next to a good guy?!

Gah I hope this dinner works out tonight! I have 10 ladies counting on me to have the main dish. I'm doing a better job about taking pictures because I remembered to take a picture while we were prepping the meat last night. Tonight I plan to take several photos of the table and meal to share with y'all tomorrow!

Happy Cooking!
Speaking of Southern

No comments:

Post a Comment